Maintaining Good Air Quality in Your Commercial Building
How do I keep my building's air fresh?
Commercial buildings can get stuffy these days. Not very many people open windows and buildings are becoming more air tight. The only way fresh air comes into a building is through the HVAC system.
Tips to keeping good air quality:
- Change filters every three to six months - once used up they will allow particles through.
- Run the fan on good days - when the AC or Heat are not needed run the fan to keep fresh air in the building.
- Clean vents in bathrooms - humidity builds up in bathrooms and proper ventilation will keep mold from growing.
- Dusting and vacuuming - regular dusting and vacuuming keeps odors and particles from getting caught in the filters.
- Decorate with plants - the extra clean oxygen from plants freshens the air and are appealing to the eye.