Is Flood Restoration Dangerous in My Slidell Home?
Homeowners have to deal with many things which may include water damage. Contact SERVPRO right away.
Despite the experience of our qualified professionals, there are risks and hazards associated with restoring a flood-damaged home.
There is always a temptation to pursue DIY cleaning and recovery for your Slidell home after flood losses, though with how rapidly water damage can migrate throughout the residence, many of these same property owners do not realize how extensive and widespread the costs can become. In addition to the concerns about inadequate water removal and drying, lingering flood effects in your residence can lead to more direct health hazards and risks.
Because there are so many degrees and levels of flood damage in Slidell homes after these disasters, recovery often must occur in several stages. Each of these phases posits its specific risks and potential hazards, so it is always advisable to lean on the expertise and fast response of our SERVPRO team to help. We have accredited technicians with endorsements from the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC), the American Bio Recovery Association (ABRA), and the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA.)
What Should I Do Before Help Arrives?
There are always steps that you can take to lessen the impact of flood damage in your home before our experienced technicians arrive. While the bulk of the restoration and recovery efforts accomplished by our SERVPRO professionals, there are only a few steps that homeowners can take in the hours leading up to our arrival. It is only advisable to pursue these potential steps when it is safe to do so. Some of the things that you can do to help make mitigation and restoration more efficient when our team gets to your home include:
- Content Recovery – Because standing water can be such a substantial threat to your home, any of the contents exposed to this pooling can become irreparably damaged without relocating them to safer places in the house.
- Shut Off Utilities – It is always advisable to consider what utilities are live in your home before you vacate the premises. If possible, you can sever specific services entering the property like your water to prevent worsening conditions if active flooding were to damage plumbing, conduit, or other receptacles.
- Get Everyone Out – In some situations, whether you can complete other items on this shortlist or not, you should prioritize getting everyone in the house to safety. There are specific health hazards that could impact your family if you do not act quickly.
What Dangers Exist During Flooding?
You should appreciate that with any disaster that affects your home, from fires to flooding, there are specific health hazards and risks that exist until the damage gets restored. With flooding, there are a few particular conditions that could begin that threaten the health of those exposed or could cause injuries or worse. Even when flood damage remains concentrated to a specific area of your home, some of the active threats that could exist include:
- Electric Shock – Shock hazards are one of the most common threats when flooding exceeds several inches in depth. When water levels rise to live outlet receptacles and other powered electronics, it could send a current through the standing water that could injure unprotected restoration professionals or occupants of the house.
- Fall Hazards – As you might expect, any depth of flooding in your home could come with some degree of threat of slipping and falling. In natural flooding scenarios, mud and silt can add to the possibility of falls.
- Debris – Many natural flooding scenarios introduce debris, mud, and contaminants into the house's affected areas.
- Animal Infestations – Natural flooding disasters can allow bugs, snakes, and other animals into your property with the rising and rushing waters.
How Can SERVPRO Manage Contamination?
Contaminants are a continual threat when natural flooding scenarios exist. In these situations, our SERVPRO professionals must consider the disaster to be a blackwater, Category 3 loss events. This classification illustrates a likelihood that floodwater encountered some form of contamination, from sewage and bacteria through viral pathogens. Some of the options for managing these potential contaminants include:
- Controlled Demolition
- Antibacterial Treatment
While flooding can be destructive enough on its own, natural flooding presents a more significant loss scenario that must get immediately addressed. Our SERVPRO of Slidell team can help with a rapid response that ensures we can install containment barriers to reduce the spread and severity of loss effects. Through extraction and drying, our professionals can work to make flood losses "Like it never even happened." Give us a call anytime you need us at (985) 649-1516.
A Storm Has Caused Flooding in My Basement. What Should I Do?
Flooding quickly causes flood damage. Contact SERVPRO for water removal and remediation services.
Hire SERVPRO Technicians to Handle the Storm Flood Damage in Your Slidell Home
A storm can bring flood water into your home’s basement. A flooded basement can breed various health hazards and cause costly damages if not restored on time. Act immediately by seeking help from professionals to prevent further flood damage in your Slidell property.
Why call SERVPRO for flood damage restoration?
We have teams of skilled, highly trained technicians who have mastered effective techniques for handling storm flood damage in affected Slidell homes. Our staff has access to state-of-the-art equipment that enables us to manage flood damage of any magnitude. The advanced equipment also helps us hasten the restoration process to minimize damage. Our team is available 24-hours, seven days a week. We also work closely with our customers’ insurance companies to help settle claims quickly.
Do I need to call an electrician?
At SERVPRO, we put safety first for not only our staff but also our customers. It is not recommended to venture into the flooded basement since it can pose an electrical danger to you and your family. Switching off the power supply in the property is critical since all electrical appliances or electronics in contact with the floodwater are hazardous. You can switch off the main power supply and call an electrician to examine your electrical system for electrical hazards.
How can you restore my property?
Before we start to restore your property, we check if there are hazards like structural damage. We check surfaces and areas like walls, floors, ceilings, and roofs for possible dangers. All water restoration projects are unique. A building provides variables that could change with the project. Some include:
Type of building materials
The electrical system
Hazardous materials in the home
The water loss also provides variables like:
The length of time the floodwater has been in your property
Hazardous substances in the water
The presence of mold
Our team can resolve safety hazards before we proceed with the flood restoration project.
With the high-water levels in my basement, how can you hasten the drying process?
The drying process is an essential part of flood damage restoration. We can use a self-priming trash pump to extract the water. The equipment is efficient in floodwater removal since it can pass solids. We can then use air movers and dehumidifiers to remove moisture.
Our technicians can also use portable electric heaters to dry the basement. The equipment speeds up the evaporation process, especially from wood materials. However, direct heating of some materials can affect them negatively. We can use sandbags to contain the heat against the materials and contents we are drying.
With the right equipment and decades of experience, SERVPRO of Slidell can handle the storm flood damage in your property to make it, "Like it never even happened." Call us at 985) 649-1516.
Find out more about Slidell
How Can I Get Water Damage Out of My Living Room Carpet?
Advanced drying equipment like an LGR low grain refrigerant dehumidifier, can salvage water-damaged carpets in Slidell Properties
SERVPRO Technicians Use Restoration Industry Best Practices to Remove Water Damage from Slidell Residences
Whether water damage comes from a pipe leak, appliance failure, or fixture overflow, even small amounts of water can create more significant problems without fast action. Carpeting and subfloors are particularly vulnerable to mold growth in Slidell, including structural damage, and unpleasant odors.
When water damage affects your Slidell home, SERVPRO technicians are available to render disaster mitigation services day and night to return your home to a preloss condition.
What Can I Do to Reduce the Risk of Mold Growth in Water-Damaged Carpet?
- Keep nooks and crannies clean. Any surfaces that water damage contacts require sanitation to prevent mold risk. This includes walls and baseboards.
- Steam clean your flooring. Steam cleaning is an effective way to sanitize carpets. Padding may require replacement, however, especially if it has detached from the carpet.
- Inspect furniture. If your flooring has water damage, furniture may have also gotten wet. Move and inspect area rugs and upholstery to assess the scope of damage and sanitize the area.
How Does SERVPRO Restore Carpets?
SERVPRO techs take a systematic approach to carpet restoration to minimize loss to your home.
- Water extraction, whether with rovers, suction pads, or extraction wands, is thorough while preventing the separation of carpet and pad.
- Carpeting can be pulled up and tented to dry both above and below the surface.
- Technicians can erect polyethylene drying chambers to accelerate small-scale drying in large areas like a living room with an open floor plan.
- If water damage creates odors in your carpet, technicians can use injection systems, sprayers, and EPA-registered antimicrobials to remove odor-causing particles.
SERVPRO of Slidell has the tools and training needed to keep disaster-affected homes looking, “Like it never even happened.” Call (985) 649-1516 to begin the mitigation process.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned – a defensive cleaning program
Our defensive cleaning program gives your business a way forward by providing your employees and customers ongoing safety and assuredness.
Let us help you get back to business
As our communities re-open in Slidell, we’re all moving back toward a new kind of normal. The expectations of visitors, customers, and employees who come into our establishments have evolved, and staying safe and well is a top concern. The global COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean, and we’ve developed a program to help your business meet the new higher standard of clean that is now expected.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program we’re offering to businesses and commercial locations to address the current COVID-19 pandemic. This proactive viral pathogen cleaning program goes well beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. By choosing Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you, your employees, your customers, and your community can rest assured that you’ve selected a higher cleaning standard – you are Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Extensive training and specialized products
As the #1 choice in cleanup and restoration*, we stand on more than 50 years of experience and expertise to help your business become Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. Beyond fire & water, SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills – always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
From formulating and creating our proprietary cleaning products, like SERVPROXIDE, at our headquarters in Gallatin, TN, to taking the utmost care while disinfecting, we will ensure you and your business are set up to inspire consumer confidence as the economy continues to reopen.
3 C’s – Consult, Clean, and Certify
When the stakes are this high, you want a partner who has developed an industry leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions, and remediation processes over decades. We’ve cleaned up some of the most challenging biohazards imaginable. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned reflects our unique experiences and capabilities. The program is grounded with our unique 3 C’s: Consult, Clean, and Certify.
- Consult – Every business is different, which is why you’ll be assigned a Cleaning Protocol Consultant who understands your business and will create a cleaning program to meet your specific needs. This program will be developed based on your business type, size of space, amount of high frequency touchpoints, foot traffic and congestion points.
- Clean – Based on your specific business needs, your location will undergo a thorough, deep clean, using exclusive cleaning products, according to protocols set forth by the CDC. Our employees have years of experience, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of hazardous materials. In the event of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 event, we will be there cleaning within 24 hours to ensure you get back to business as quickly as possible.
- Certify - Once your business location has been Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you will gain access to proprietary signage, digital emblems, and other collateral that communicates that you’ve selected a higher standard of clean available to help protect your employees and customers. And because we add the day, month, and year to that proprietary stamp of clean, your guests will know that not only did you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, but that your location is being cleaned regularly at this standard.
Call today for a Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation
We’re Here to Help – 24 hours a day, seven days a week – until life is back to normal in the communities we all call home.
Call SERVPRO of Slidell today at (985) 649-1516 for your Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation.
* #1 Choice in cleanup & restoration based Commercial Attitude & Usage Tracking study. Polling 816 commercial business decision makers on first choice for future needs related to cleanup & restoration work. Study conducted by C&R Research: October 2019
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned means professionally trained SERVPRO franchises perform the requested cleaning, sanitizing and disinfection services according to proprietary SERVPRO protocols and recognized industry and CDC standards with EPA approved cleaning products to deliver a SERVPRO certified cleaning experience. Each SERVPRO franchise is independently owned and operated.
Seeking Experienced Restoration Technician
SERVPRO is immediately hiring Experienced Water and Fire Restoration Technician / Remediation Technician.
We're seeking a restoration technician who is comfortable working hard in challenging situations, meeting new people, with excellent communication skills, and who is a serious multi-tasker. If you are self- motivated and have superb interpersonal skills, then you’ll thrive in this work environment.
BENEFITS of Working at SERVPRO:
Benefits for the Technician position include (but are not limited to):
- Competitive compensation
- Overtime after 40 hours/week
- Bonus pay for on-call response
- Unlimited resources to education of field
- We will pay for your certifications & education
REQUIREMENTS of Water Remediation Technician:
Requirements for the Water Damage Technician position include:
- Interior demolition experience
- Organized persons with positive attitude;
- Good communication skills with ability to work as a team;
- Ability to follow detailed instructions, including adhering to safety requirements and the SERVPRO job process
- Respectful of others, including co-workers and customers;
- Dependable and on-time;
- Driver's license and clean driving record;
- Ability to lift heavy objects and in good physical health;
- Willing to undergo random drug screening and a background check;
- Availability on rotating schedule for on-call emergency response after hours and on weekends, with overtime and bonus pay ;
- A sense of urgency to respond quickly to people who are in need of the services we offer.
Regardless of prior experience, all employees will undergo the proper training for safety and techniques used in the work in both residential and commercial settings, including:
- Fire damage restoration, including cleaning walls, floors, furniture, and interior contents;
- Water damage restoration, including pump outs, water extraction, dehumidification, and drying;
- Mold remediation, including, demolition, cleaning
SERVPRO specializes in disaster cleanup. We are family owned and operated company. As the premier provider of these services we are seeking highly motivated water damage technicians to perform water/ fire damage mitigation & clean up, among many other services we offer. This is a full time position for hard working Water Damage Technicians who will be working with Crew Chiefs and fellow Water Damage Technicians to recover/ restore personal property.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Depending on Experience
Email Resume to jdierking@SERVPROslidell.com
Do I Need Quick Water Removal After My Slidell Home Floods?
Water damage happens. SERVPRO is always available to dry and restore your home.
To Preserve Your Residence After a Flood, Call SERVPRO Water Restoration Technicians to Clear and Dry Your Home Rapidly
Residential water issues that begin inside a home are usually the result of a ruptured pipe, broken water heater, or a failed kitchen appliance. Often, the amount of water appears to be a minor issue and can be handled with a water-vac and maybe setting up a couple of fans. Unfortunately, steps like these are just the beginning, and time is crucial to preserve as much of your home as possible.
What does SERVPRO do that is so important?
Professional water removal in Slidell homes requires specialized skills. SERVPRO extensively trains Water Restoration Technicians (WRTs) to include the following:
- Quickly remove standing water covering carpets and other floorings to stop continuing damage. This action also helps to eliminate the threat of bacteria or mold growing and expanding throughout the home.
- Drawing out trapped water to eliminate puddles or pools underneath the flooring, behind walls, and above ceilings, if the leak was in the attic or a second-floor bathroom. Removing trapped water is especially important since even a small amount of water can rot support structures and grow a mold colony. Our WRTs can carefully remove water and mold without damaging the flooring or other property in the home.
- Dry the home. With the water removed, natural evaporation can start. While that may be fine after mopping up a small spill in the kitchen, water does not convert to vapor fast enough to prevent damage to floors and walls. WRTs augment the natural process to increase drying without damaging structural and personal property.
Is SERVPRO equipment really that better than what I can rent or buy at a DIY store?
Our technicians use industrial-grade equipment designed specifically for water removal. These are a few of the items used to return each home to a dry, safe condition:
- Pumps – For deep or extensive flooding in large areas like living rooms, our technicians use them. Our office maintains an inventory of pumps that include machines small enough to clear an apartment by themselves to truck-mounted pumps we use on large homes, apartment buildings, and businesses.
- Extraction Wands – Our water removal teams use these smaller devices when the water level is an inch or less. They are also easier to use in tight spaces like closets and narrow hallways. Technicians can adjust the speed of these wands, making them safer when drawing water out of carpets.
- Dehumidifiers – With the water removed, there is still moisture in the air and trapped in the personal and structural property like chairs, sofas, drywall, and wall framing. These devices, depending on the level of moisture, can draw out 20 gallons every 24 hours.
- Generators – In most cases, our teams plug into a nearby electrical outlet for power. If the water rose high enough to compromise an outlet, it is safer for us to bring in an alternate power supply. Our generators range in size from one small enough to hide behind a shrub to large power plants needed for continuous, 24-hour operations.
Can you save my carpets?
If the water our teams remove is clean, the answer is yes. After removing the water, WRTs lift the carpets, roll them up, and remove the pads, which rapidly deteriorate when they get wet. Technicians next place an air mover at one end to force warm air under each carpet, drying it and the floor underneath. At the opposite end, they place an exhaust fan to draw out moisture and damp air, so the dehumidifier captures it. After drying, team members lay down a new pad and stretch the carpet back in place.
Can you get rid of the musty odor I smell?
Cleaning and drying the carpets often removes the source for the musty odor characteristic after a home flood. If an odor lingers, specialists can use a chemical cleaner that masks the odor until it dissipates. If the odor penetrated deeply into an item, they would use a fogger with a cleaning agent that generates a cloud of particles to bind with and neutralize the odor.
Is that the end of it?
In nearly all cases, yes. After these actions, the SERVPRO team leader explains each step taken and happily returns a dry, clean, and safe home to the owner. If an odor or other issue occurs after that, we return to fix it at no additional charge.
No matter where the water comes from, or how much it affects your home, SERVPRO of Slidell is here for you. For more details on what our restoration teams can do for you and your home, contact us today at (985) 649-1516.
More about Slidell.
Can SERVPRO Help Me Get Back To Business In Pearl River After Water Damage?
Our experts have the right equipment to restore your Pearl River Franchise after water damage.
Efficient Water Cleanup Tools for Your Pearl River Franchise.
Franchise restaurants throughout Pearl River offer a set look and feel that customers from all over the country can become familiar with and expect when they arrive. Upkeep and quality of the food output become constant monitoring points, both of which can become adversely affected by a water loss incident inside of the building. While your custodial staff can work to clean up many of the spills and unfortunate incidents that affect your restaurant, substantial cleaning jobs often require the skills and expertise of our restoration team.
When it comes to water cleanup for your Pearl River franchise restaurant, the pressure is on to get your doors back open to the hungry public as efficiently as possible. Even more than family owned and operated eateries throughout the area, a closed location can damage the brand name for the franchise and affect business on a larger scale, so you are under a finite schedule to take care of the situation fully. Our SERVPRO rapid response team can help with our fast arrival and our advanced equipment to help restore the building efficiently.
Regardless of what has caused the water loss incident, responding to the situation quickly is critical to preventing the water damage from getting worse. With tile flooring in many of the kitchen areas and dining areas of franchise restaurants, it does not take long for water to penetrate grouted joints and affect the concrete or subflooring material beneath. We can arrive quickly to begin cleanup with traditional implements like mops and wet-vacs with extraction wands.
Drying up the area fully can help to prevent secondary effects like mold growth from occurring, and these situations could be damaging to the business. We set up equipment such as our high-powered air movers and dehumidifiers through key points in the affected area of your restaurant and monitor our progress with moisture removal with our thermal imagery cameras.
Recovering from a water loss incident in your restaurant is something that could be efficient and cost-effective. You can reach our SERVPRO of Slidell rapid response team to secure the full measure of our advanced equipment and extensive training in water restoration by calling (985) 649-1516.
Find our more about Pearl River here.
Why would I Choose SERVPRO for Fire Damage in My Slidell home?
When a fire affects your Slidell home contact SERVPRO.
Restoring a Fire Damaged Property the Professional Way.
Fire damage ranks as the single largest cause of property damage and loss in the United States. With more than $350 billion each year lost to fire damage, it is the one disaster that can affect just about every property owner at some point in their lives.
Fire damage does not have to spell the end of your property.
With the right fire damage restoration procedures for your Slidell home, it is usually possible to completely restore most properties where the fire has been contained. Modern fire damage restoration techniques may even be used to restore properties that have experienced extensive damage, including widespread soot damage, smoke damage, and ubiquitous and robust smoke smell.
The most important thing to know in the event of fire damage to your property is that the fire damage restoration process can only be carried out by a professional restoration company. Once the fire department has given you the go-ahead, the first call you should make should always be to your local fire damage restoration company.
Make sure the fire department signs off, then call your local restoration company.
It should be emphasized that you should never enter a premises where the fire department has been called to put out a fire without first getting their explicit permission to do so. Even as you reenter, always be mindful of areas where the structure could have been compromised. If possible, you should not enter the property again until you have called your local restoration company and they have sent an inspector to evaluate the structural integrity of the building.
SERVPRO of Slidell is here to help 24/7 after fire damage. Call us at (985) 649-1516 for help after a fire in your home.
To find out more about Slidell, click here.
How Will SERVPRO Restore My Carpets After Water Damage in My Slidell home?
SERVPRO has the expertise to restore flooring after a flood. Call them today!
This Is Restoring Your Water-Damaged Carpets in Your Slidell Home.
Many damaging situations for your Slidell home only affect specific areas. Even when the circumstances get limited to just affecting a material like the carpets, several steps must get taken immediately to preserve this flooring before the effects of water damage render it unsalvageable. Our franchise has a team available 24/7 to help you overcome any damaging effect of a water loss incident.
When you look to protect and restore water-damaged carpeting in your Slidell home, you need to find professional restoration technicians that you can trust to do the job correctly. Our SERVPRO professionals have extensive training to acquire our IICRC certifications in water restoration, which includes modern tactics and the use of advanced technology designed to save our customer’s time and money.
From the moment that our experts arrive at your address, we begin with a quick assessment of the property to determine if the carpet is the only affected area and the best approach to dry out this damage as fast as possible. We understand that you invested your money into making your home exactly how you wanted it to be, so we work to preserve all of the affected materials before we suggest alternative methods like removal and replacement.
With water damaged carpeting, our SERVPRO professionals often must use our industry-leading equipment to dry out the damage. By pulling up the edges of the carpeting, our technicians can access the underside of the material with our powerful air movers. We can “float” the carpet as we call it, forcing dry, heated air underneath the material to push moisture and dampness into the environment to get collected by our industrial-strength dehumidifiers.
We also offer premier cleaning services designed to improve the look and feel of your carpet beyond drying up the water damage. These deep cleaning methods range in equipment and tactics based on the style of carpet you have from long fibers to short pile varieties.
Water-damaged carpets can be a breeding ground for mold and microbial growth without the appropriate drying steps. Give our SERVPRO of Slidell response team a call today at (985) 649-1516.
Can SERVPRO Provide Safe and Secure Water Removal and Restoration For My Pearl River Property After a Storm?
Pearl River Properties Receive Extensive Professional Storm Damage Cleanup and Restoration from SERVPRO
Contaminated Flood Waters Pose Health Risks for Pearl River Homes
Taking care of your Pearl River residence after a disaster can feel overwhelming. With so many of the effects from a situation like flooding requiring the skills of experienced professional restorers, securing this assistance as quickly as possible is critical to getting your home back to its pre loss condition promptly. With widespread flooding throughout our service area, many homes and their structural elements fall victim to contaminants or hazards present in the invading water affecting their property.
While overcoming the flood damage alone can require professional restoration services for your Pearl River home, overcoming potential contamination and biohazards pose a greater risk to your property and its occupants. Our SERVPRO professionals have experience in flood damage cleanup and the appropriate safety precautions to take when addressing the pooling water and the debris or substances it might contain.
Our experienced technicians undergo extensive training in the use of personal protective equipment to ensure the safety of our team and the ongoing safety of other non-employees that could be entering or exiting the home during the restoration process. Our process begins with a thorough assessment of the property to determine the full extent of the damage and the equipment necessary to clean, disinfect, restore, and rebuild the house as efficiently as possible.
In these situations, many materials in the affected areas of your home must get removed and replaced. Carpets, their subflooring, and the base of drywall structures often take the brunt of the flood damage. Once the carpets and padding have gotten removed, our SERVPRO technicians can work efficiently with our air movers and dehumidifiers to dry out these saturated elements to prevent further demolition. Drywall often must get removed to the point that it is no longer saturated, and the assessment of where flood cuts must get made gets decided when our professionals assess the damaged property initially but can be changed as the work continues.
Flood Water Problems, Pearl River
River flooding can affect more than just your lawn. Unfortunately, river flooding can quickly accumulate in your basement or even your main floor. If you experience river flooding in your area and notice standing flood water in your building, it's time to get professional help for your river flooding.
Water restoration services may include using a flood pump to remove flood water from your building. Your storm restoration professional may be able to utilize their flood pump to improve the appearance of your building. A flood pump is just the first step your storm restoration expert may take. After the flood pump removes the water from your building, you'll need to ensure you follow all of the appropriate steps for water restoration to avoid further problems.
When flooding affects your home with potential contaminants and excessive water damage, let our SERVPRO of Slidell rapid response team get to work for you. You can reach us anytime at (985) 649-1516.
To learn more about Pearl River, click here.