What Are Best Practices for Mitigating Commercial Water Damage?
Skilled Technicians Best Handle Water Mitigation – Call SERVPRO to Restore Your Pearl River Business After an Incident
Water infiltrating a Pearl River office, storefront, auto body shop, or any other business can turn into a rather tricky situation. Immediate response is necessary to restore your business to preloss condition and to scale back the severity of the damage. If your business suffers water damage on any level, calling in our technicians' expertise at SERVPRO ensures you get the prompt, reliable restoration you deserve. Even if your business place includes an in-house janitorial staff, nothing measures up to our industrial-grade equipment, immense manpower, and proven techniques.
What Makes Professional Techniques Different?
You know that you want your business up and running at all times possible. Calling in experts for water mitigation in Pearl River ensures that you limit the costs and severity of the water incident at hand. We come out to your business as soon as possible to assess the water damage to begin cleanup and restoration efforts. We utilize specialized equipment to remove thousands of gallons of standing water, followed by rapid drying to surpass anything that DIY methods could ever achieve.
Will All Water Get Removed?
Water migration remains a viable concern with any water damage incident in your commercial space. Because the water travels along the path of least resistance to move into dry areas, it is vital that our skilled water restoration technicians (WRT) carefully follow the path to eradicate hidden pockets of moisture. The inability to remove moisture such as this brings the potential for secondary damage to your structure, contents, and building materials. We consider each case carefully and work to inhibit mold and mildew growth and the cost involved in immense material ruin. In some instances, boreholes in ceilings or walls become necessary to facilitate drying. These, as well as flood cuts, help to improve airflow and speed up drying.
What Makes SERVPRO's Equipment Different?
- The Green Fleet comes equipped with tools and technology to achieve all water removal, drying, and sanitization goals. Once we arrive at your business, we get to work quickly using equipment such as:
- Truck-mounted and portable extractors for removing water from carpeting, floors, and upholstered furnishing throughout your commercial space.
- Powerful air movers that speed evaporation and ramp up drying in and around the loss zone.
- Industrial-grade dehumidifiers that remove vapors from the interior air, thus restoring relative humidity levels.
We Have a Dehumidifier, Can We Use It?
You can always carefully set up a dehumidifier until SERVPRO arrives to put our action plan in place. The equipment we have surpasses the performance ability of non-commercial units, and we follow a unique formula that lets us know how many air movers, fans, and dehumidifiers are required to get the best result. Throughout the project, we can move or adjust these units accordingly to achieve or exceed our goals. This equipment includes:
- Refrigerant dehumidifiers –Often used during the beginning water cleanup phase while humidity levels are high.
- Desiccant dehumidifiers –Optimal for use when structural materials are damp, yet other porous elements are beginning to dry.
All Moisture Gets Addressed
Our technicians go through thorough training, including techniques to locate and handle all moisture, and we understand that anything left behind poses a potential problem. We bring special equipment to each Pearl River Water Damage Restoration job including:
- Moisture sensors, detectors, and meters to locate moisture in all nooks and crannies that may otherwise make it challenging to detect with the naked eye.
- Inspection cameras and borescopes discover wetness in tight spaces and walls, which help find moisture without ceiling tile and wallboard removal.
How Long Does Water Mitigation Take?
We are Faster to Any Size Disaster, meaning we arrive within hours of your initial call. The length of time that it takes depends on a broad range of factors, including the location of the water loss incident, the amount of water, and the materials impacted. We do whatever possible to restore your business and not have extended shut down or mold onset, leading to potential health effects.
Each project concludes with a thorough cleaning and disinfecting, which helps inhibit microbial growth and foul, musty odors. We stock our trucks with high-quality EPA-registered broad-spectrum disinfectants. Everything gets treated as we clean to ensure there is no lingering reminder of the incident. Your place of business will be Certified: SERVPRO Clean once we are all done, "Like it never even happened."
With one phone call to SERVPRO of Slidell, we will have a crew at your business to get started with professional water mitigation efforts. You can reach us seven days a week, 24 hours a day by calling (985) 649-1516.