If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (985) 649-1516

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Slidell Homes, Mold Growth, and SERVPRO to the Rescue

12/30/2021 (Permalink)

SERVPRO tech in PPE suit SERVPRO IICRC certified technicians have IICRC certified training for every phase of mold remediation.

Getting to the Root Cause of Mold Damage in your Slidell Property

After a water spill in the home, interior parts like sheetrock can take on excess moisture. If the saturated sheetrock is not dealt with, it can become a hotbed for bacteria, including mold growth which thrives in warm, humid environments. Although this process occurs out of sight, the proliferation of mold colonies eventually releases a musty odor or begins to appear on walls and ceilings.

Homeowners suffering from mold damage in Slidell homes need professional help to ensure the problem is dealt with at the first sign of discovery. SERVPRO provides technicians with the opportunity to gain IICRC certificates in mold assessment and remediation, which is invaluable to homeowners suffering from fungi issues.

Mold Damage Remediation

When cleaning mold, the first principle is to find the source. Tracing back to the root cause is crucial as it prevents the damage from returning after complete service. As we stated initially, colonies can often reside in wall cavities, ceilings, or underneath floorboards; sheetrock, in particular, is a common culprit. We can remove and replace sections of drywall in the home to access the source and remediate it once and for all.

The removal of mold and thorough drying of the affected area is the first step. What remains is to clear away the mold colonies using abrasive cleaning methods, chemical-based solvents, and anti-microbial treatments. Combining these three aspects helps to ensure that the mold is cleaned and that it does not come back.

Finally, the odor of a fungi infestation can linger long after the colonies themselves have been destroyed. Using air scrubbers alongside industrial-grade water-based foggers, SERVPRO can neutralize odors in your home without using harmful toxins that could be a health risk to you or your family. As an experienced local provider, we have built strong connections with local insurance adjusters. We can help you with your claim by providing an itinerary of services carried out and item damages.

If you notice the symptoms of microbial growth in the home, contact SERVPRO of Slidell immediately at (985) 649-1516.

Other News

View Recent Posts